Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why work can make us ugly - Part II

During the past 2 working days I have thought about why do I feel like this about work and how can I better explain this and, to my surprise, no great answer has come up to me yet. However, this feeling has sticked to me and for the moment I can only get rid of it during lunch breaks, over a cup of coffee with some colleague.
This should not get me worried, since all the other work colleagues who are more or less in the same position as I am keep complaining about something. I could resume that it is either an organisational problem of the company, or an issue which pertains to the current occupational difficulties of young graduates.
Hmm...as I said, no great answer has come up to me yet. I still think that this is my problem (or at least in my selfish point of view, I want to see it this way because I can only focus on my issues), since all the others seem so enthusiastic about their status and they try to feel more important by adjusting their tone of voice or their "busy look". Maybe I'm just not cut out for this and I can feel happy only when I am nurturing myself with great dreams about future horizons, etc. Whenever I reach the most-wanted horizon, I feel unsatisfied and I feel the need to go further.
Today, on my way back home a driving nun gave me way to pass and smiled very warmly from the back of the car window. Her smile seemed so hearty and open, I wonder if that smile was her true nature, or simply a smile generated by her nunlikeness.

2 comments:

  1. Allora non so qual'e' la situazione al tuo lavoro pero' il lavoro puo' essere molto creativo.
    Il lavoro puo' essere liberante pure.

    Certo che c'e' sempre una routine che distrugge la magia del lavoro. Quella magia viene distrutta anche se ti capitano dei colleghi scemi.

    Pur troppo il nonstro mondo lavorativo non e' perfetto. Anzi direi che e' una piccola giunlga e tocca a soppravivere!

    Pero' finche' puoi sorridere ci sara' sempre un angolo bello per te nel nostro mondo.

    Quindi sorridi e non lasciare troppe ansie entrare nella mente tua perche' la vita e' un brivido che vola via!

    Baci dalla Grecia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caro Nikola,
    ti ringrazio per le parole incoraggianti, ma ti assicuro che non ho perso né intendo perdere il mio sorriso o l'ottimismo che mi caratterizza...questi miei commenti al mondo del lavoro devono essere presi in quanto commenti al lavoro in generale...penso che la vera espressione dell'uomo non è attraverso i lavori della società moderna, bensì attraverso altri tipi di lavori (quali artistici, sportivi) o attraverso le attività di apprendimento. per farlo breve, per me questi lavori moderni non nobilitano (come si diceva)...magari mobilitano (in certi casi).
    sono dei lavori rivolti a fare profitto (e, per carità, non voglio giudicare il bisogno di fare profitto), ma purtroppo, a parte questo, non hanno altri esiti creativi, esultanti...sono quelle 8 ore che, per una convenzione sociale, devono riempire le nostre giornate, ma dubito che io possa mai essere soddisfatta con così poco :)
    ps: condivido la tua visione idealista e ti auguro che nessuno te la faccia crollare una volta entrato nel mondo del lavoro! bacio

    ReplyDelete