Monday, January 17, 2011

Layers of history

Don't put too much weight on my previous thoughts about work (although I do mean to say what I've just said)..."Roma è Roma", and living here can be as if you lived in a small bottle which contains the essence of the entire South-European history...My heart feels overwhelmed everytime I walk on the streets which are (almost literally) full of history. There is Viale del Muro Torto, where they say they used to bury the prostitutes who didn't deserve to be buried under the sacred land of the Catholic Church. There are buildings who have undergone so many alterations, that you can actually see a layer coming after another one, belonging to a different age...And there you are, a new person in the middle of an old city; a transitory presence in an everlasting world.

No comments:

Post a Comment